We provide intelligent Canadian and U.S. stock investing advice with an excellent track record. We cater to the do-it-yourself investor who is looking for investment ideas and analysis.
Performance statistics are where the rubber hits the road in the investment advice business. On average, the stocks that we rated (lower) Buy or higher have gained 12.1% per year over the past 16 years (updated to December 31, 2015) for a cumulative return of 525% (not counting dividends) since the end of 1999.
The editor and owner of this investment site has achieved an average compound average return, on his own investments, of 13.3% per year since the start of the year 2000, when this site was created to share his stock picks. That is a total gain, on his initial start of year 2000 investments, of 638% as of December 31, 2015. This includes dividends and deducts trading costs.
Three things to look for while choosing Investment Advice to read or follow:
- Trustworthiness – If you don’t trust a Site it is clearly of no value to you. Browse this Site for a even a few moments and the integrity and truthfulness should be obvious to you.
- Performance – Advice that you trust but which has not performed is of no use.
- A rational approach which suits your temperament. Does our approach of value and fundamentals-based investing seem rational to you and does it match your temperament? Like Warren Buffett, we make no use whatsoever of charts and “technical analysis”. That is, we analyze companies and not charts. Chart investors implicitly are trying to follow the smart money. We are not trying to follow the smart money. We are trying to be among the smart money.
If you are a day trader, you will have little use for our work. We have been quite successful at getting rich over the years by investing in the stocks of mostly long-established profitable (and usually dividend-paying) companies and we hope to continue. If you are looking to get rich immediately by somehow making a short-term 1000% return on a stock, that is not what we are trying to do and this Site will not fit your needs.
Thank you for visiting our Web Site. Be sure to see our free investment articles. We can help you grow rich through intelligent investing. We have helped many hundreds of investors grow richer over the past 16 years.
We provide Buy / Sell ratings on selected Canadian and American Stocks based on fundamental analysis (in the best traditions of Warren Buffett and Benjamin Graham) and we have an exceptionally good track record. We have beaten the market index 14 out of our 16 calendar years of existence. Through some combination of luck and skill we have beaten the market index by a compounded average of 9.5% per year or 473% cumulatively over the 16 years through 2015. We have the year-by-year and stock-by-stock data and the profits in our own investment account to back up our performance claims.
Despite two market crashes since the start of the 2000’s to the end of 2015, our Buy-or-higher-rated stocks have gained an average of 525% and the Editor’s personal portfolio has gained 638%. Meanwhile the Canadian TSX index rose just 54% from the start of the year 2000 through the end of 2015 and the S&P 500 index rose by only 34% from the start of the year 2000 to the end of 2015.
Welcome new visitors! Please consider the following reasons why you should join the list to receive our free newsletter, subscribe to our stock picks or at very least bookmark this Site and browse (or study) the articles section.
13 Reasons to join:
- Performance – The Stock picks on this Site have consistently out-performed the market. By some combination of luck and skill we have beaten the market index 14 out of our 16 calendar years of existence. On average we have beaten the market index by 9.4% per year and 471% cumulatively over the 16 years.
- Comprehensive and yet concise stock pick reports in a very easy to understand format. See example reports
- Appreciative Testimonials from the users of this Site.
- Independence – The Editor receives no fees from the companies covered and avoids any personal relationships (other than owning shares) or conflicts of interests with them.
- Lower Risk – The advice and Stock Picks are based on investment math, common sense and fundamental analysis – not on betting on extremely speculative stocks.
- Free – most of the content here is free.
- Credibility – Our chief Editor has a large amount of relevant education. He is a registered professional engineer, a registered professional accountant, has an MBA and holds a Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Original – All of the articles on this Site are completely original and thought provoking as well as interesting and, most importantly, valuable. They demonstrate the Editor’s deep understanding of finance and of business in general.
- Honesty – This Site prides itself in having the absolute highest ethical standards. The chief Editor’s personal investment results are revealed, almost no other investment Sites reveal that key data. The Editor “eats his own cooking” and has found it to be financially fattening! The editor “preaches what he practices”!
- No pressure to (ever) subscribe to the (paid) stock picks. We would be gratified simply by your interest in receiving the free newsletter and reading the free content on this Site.
- Methodology – In four words, “We do the math”, we speak from analysis and business common sense not from mere conjecture or totally unsubstantiated opinion.
- No Outside Content Allowed – We write all of own articles and do all of our own analysis. We accept absolutely no outside content. We refuse all offers to pay us to link to other sites. We do not even accept reciprocal links, as we don’t want to link you to any content that we don’t trust. (We do allow advertising but only from one very trusted outfit).
- Trust your instincts – This looks like (and is) a very good Site built on real knowledge and integrity and not hype. Consider whether you should let this opportunity slip away.
If you want help to invest wisely and grow richer, then start now by clicking the link just below to receive our free investment advice newsletter.
Click Subscribe now to learn about how you can access our current Canadian and U.S. Stock Picks. (For a nominal charge)
Click here, for samples of our concise stock research reports
DISCLAIMER: All of the stock ratings and information presented is “generic” in nature and does not take into account the unique circumstances and risk tolerance or risk capacity of any individual. The information presented is not a recommendation for any individual to buy or sell any security. The author(s) are not registered investment advisors and the information presented is not to be considered investment advice to any individual. The reader should consult a registered investment advisor or registered dealer prior to making any investment decision. For ease of writing style the newsletter and articles are often written in the first person. But, legally speaking, all information and opinions are provided by InvestorsFriend Inc. and not by the author(s) as individuals. The author(s) of have a stock position, as disclosed in each report. The authors’ positions may subsequently change without notice.